mercoledì 30 gennaio 2013

Christmas intents

Since I was born, I have always liked Christmas because I have always been attracted by city lights, presents and Christmas atmosphere. This year I’m going to spend a different Christmas because last years I understood this day’s meaning but I continued following crowds who lived the commercial and conformist Christmas sense. This year I’m going to change my plans and do something that could heat all good feelings this day wants to transmit. For example, I’m going to call all my relatives who live far from me and wish them not only to have a nice day but also to enjoy the religious and profound aim of that day. Moreover, I’m going to buy presents of course because I really like choosing presents for my parents and my friends and seeing them happy but I’m going to give these presents in a different way.. Last years I gave the packs with gorgeous and particular cockades and ribbons, and this year they’ll remain but I’m going to add a brief card with a meaningful phrase in order to allow people think about Christmas. As far as I’m concerned, Christmas is first a religious celebration in which we remember Jesus’ birth that has a great importance in Catholic religion because it represents the beginning of the first God’s existence manifestations. A lot of people ignore this fact but I am going to take part to the Christmas mess in order to feel God in me. Moreover I’m going to do the crèche and add, as my grandmother used to do until she died, the Father Christmas at midnight between Our Lady and St Joseph. Finally I’m going to decorate the Christmas tree with golden and red balls and colored little lights. I don’t exactly know if these are just my ideas and suggestions or I’m really going to do all these things but I think that this is the typical way in which a believer has to spend this day because it’s better to feel something positive and moving in our heart than to buy and to be superficially happy! Charlotte Carpenter said ‘Remember, if Christmas isn't found in your heart, you won't find it under a tree’!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento